I have been ignoring my blog for a long time! I hope I haven't been ignoring all of the best things that happen to me all day. Most of them revolve around teeny tiny tender mercies at work, since doing all my teaching jobs until 9pm and then hanging out with my boyfriend, Isaac, sums up every day of my life.
For the quick update, this year I work at a private school near the Jordan River Temple. Traffic is sometimes scary from Orem, and I avoid the after-work commute entirely, but in general, I don't mind the travel and I love my school! The lower salary and benefits is totally worth my sanity to have a small class and freedom from some of Uncle Sam's hoops and procedures. I am so grateful to have learned what I did in public school, though, because it has several strengths that my school isn't able to. This school has Pre-K to 12th grade students, and my class after the daytime 2nd graders is teaching English to the secondary international students after school. I likewise have continued to plan English Learner activities for 3rd-6th graders at Alpine School's Family Literacy Center in Orem at night. Right now we've given up the keyboarding and vocabulary lessons for learning a play and tennis, which is great! For my continued sanity, the latter and possibly former job will both be discontinued next year. :)
Life is busy, but what's new? I'm happy and there's not time to be much else. I've noticed this is good for me. It's not good to be as overbooked as I am...but it's when I have too much time on my hands that I get my mind into trouble and feel more down about things, or just plain waste time with "good" but not "best" activities. Happiness for me comes when I'm productive and doing good things with my life and for others.
Sorry Skoticus, no pictures. I don't have a camera but I should get some from the yearbook camera at school. If you're looking for pictures of Isaac, too bad, you won't be able to Facebook stalk him. He doesn't have an account, and I'm never on. I don't even have pictures of us together, but if you bug Boogie, she's got a million not-so-good ones at Antelope Island last week. Happy Spring, everybody!