Saturday, June 15, 2019

Adventure Saturdays

Last year I offered to babysit Isaac's nieces and nephews once a week.  A couple of families took me up on it and it was a lot of fun for me, and hopefully their moms.  At the end of the year, however, I didn't feel right continuing that commitment, so Isaac and I looked for ways to see our families in other settings, especially where we could do things not appropriate for the Sabbath Day.

What resulted was a once-a-month "Adventure Saturday", adapted from a summer my college roommates and I went on Saturday outings.  The first half of the year has been a fun experience, and we love going to these places, too!

The first set of pictures is actually from last December at the Grand America hotel.  I love that place!



I also took these kiddos to a couple of care centers where we looked at Christmas trees and read Christmas books with the residents.

January: The Church History Museum

Miriam and Darius

Ben's tangram fish

February: Ogden Station (Indoor/outdoor trains, gun museum, antique car museum)




March: Salt Lake City Library



And a bonus moms' night downtown!  (Our sister Becca got sick.)  We explored Temple Square, City Creek, our Kimball hotel, and the avenues, including finding the home where Isaac grew up.


April: The Annual Blair Family and Friends Egg Hunt (no pictures here, but in our Easter baskets we completed our Groberg book collection!)



May: Baby Animals Days in Kaysville 



Madison, Ben

James, Miriam, Sophie, Lydia (Mia was standing by me and her mom)

Darius, Leila

Bonus Sunday dinner with Isaac's family, playing a game his brother-in-law, Micah made!



And in June, it's an adults-only movie invitation to go on your own to the Groberg's movie, Other Side of Heaven 2.  We are going to the premiere, but are happy to babysit while anyone else attends another showing!
Then we'll take a break for the summer unless the heat and wind cooperate to play frisbee golf.  Otherwise, party hearty anyone who wants to celebrate Autumn Equinox again at Millcreek Canyon in September!