Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

I decided to record some of the things I am grateful for, as spoken in my prayer tonight.  I was discouraged today about some of the trials our family members are going through, and as crazy as people say this year has been for our country and world, I think what's even worse is the personal trials individuals and families have had to endure.  I'm rarely confused by or upset with the Lord, but in this case I was feeling frustrated.  Good thing I had heard President Nelson's "New Normal" remarks today from his last Conference Address and knew that the Lord wants us to be optimistic.  I also loved that President Nelson gave the message of hope to the world and that his tool for healing was gratitude.  I didn't connect all these dots together until saying a prayer of gratitude and feeling so much more healing, hope, optimism, and acceptance of the Lord's will.  

I am grateful for:

1) Our eternal family

2) Our warm home that protects us from the elements

3) Our freedoms and the country we were blessed to be born in

4) Being born in the covenant and having made eternal covenants ourselves

5) Living in the latter days where we can help build the kingdom of God in preparation for the Lord's coming

6) Christ, that he not only died for us, but lives for us and identifies with our insecurities, weaknesses, pains, sorrows, frustrations

7) Christ leading our Church and guiding us through His personal example



8) Living prophets who encourage us and help us through these troubled times

Uploading: 33957325 of 33957325 bytes uploaded.


9) Our opportunity to spread the name of Jesus Christ and His gospel throughout the earth; our opportunity to index and come to know our ancestors better to bring the gospel and receive the gospel on both sides of the veil

10) Our friends, neighbors, and family members who have shown us support, especially this year

11) Having infant formula for Enoch that his needs can be met

12) Enoch's smile, fun giggle, and free emotions that teach us to freely feel and experience all the happiness, sadness, fear, and physical stimuli that we can



13) This Thanksgiving week where we can think on all our many blessings

14) What the pandemic has taught us (I would like to further reflect on this because I didn't write it down as ideas came to me)

15) The Pocock family who lives in our basement

16) Our sister, Jessica, and her baby "Noel" and the feeling that even though she will be born premature, everything will be okay


17) Medical professionals who are willing to care for others, often sacrificing their time, energy, and health

18) Scientists who are working around the clock to have a virus ready for COVID-19

19) Isaac and the wonderful father, husband, worker, and friend to me that he is

20) The scriptures that they teach me and help me feel better mentally and physically

21) Exercise and strength despite imperfect bodies

22) Being outside and getting fresh air 

23) The walks and hikes we've been able to do, especially this year, which started rough



24) The fact that I can stand as long as I need and walk as long as I want!!!

25) 18 months of physical and mental hardship with pregnancy and birth recovery seems to be ending!

26) Modern conveniences such as appliances, automobiles, heaters, running water, electricity, etc.

27) Picturesque mountains and awe-inspiring sunsets: I always love a stunning view

28) Technology that allows us to communicate, shop, learn, and work remotely

29) Working for the Temple Department and seeing the work of the Lord move forward quickly and more effectively; the leaders Isaac works with at Church Headquarters and their insights and strategies

30) Money and a nice lifestyle that is so uncommon for most people worldwide

31) Education and the information age we live in where we can learn so much

32) As President Nelson said, arts and literature that uplift us

33) Singing with Enoch to help him feel loved

34) Forgiveness, compassion, and charity

35) The Gift of Repentance