Q: Did you give in and find out the gender or decide you'd share your names?
A: No, Isaac says we're sticking to my remarks in our announcement post. We aren't having any more ultrasounds, we didn't find out the gender, and we do call the baby by a name, but unless I let that slip, Isaac will decide for sure after the birth!
Q: How can we buy anything for you if we don't know the gender?!
A: See the info on our wish list: babylist.com/blackhurst. There are plenty of things there!
Q: Where are you registered/what do you still need?
A: Whatever is listed as "not reserved" on the link above is what we still need. If you don't see something on the list, it's because we previously received it. In addition, we could use more newborn clothes and fabric bibs.
Q: Do you have a theme or colors for your nursery?
A: Our theme is "lambs" and the colors are those pictured below (mint green, pink, pale yellow, and brown wooden furniture).
Q: Are you still struggling with the depression and is it getting better or worse as the pregnancy goes along?
A: Yes, and it's likely I'll have postpartum, BUT I'm doing a whole lot better! I think the biggest thing has been that time is on my side and things are always better in hindsight. Certainly the time with the counselors and practice I've been doing since them to help myself hasn't hurt and I do have a medication to take if needed. As far as it relates to pregnancy, it's situational to pre-pregnancy, not hormonal, so I am getting more and more excited for the baby as time passes. I think February will be perfect. Before Christmas when we would have originally been due had the ICSI worked would have been a rush, but Valentine's should give us just enough time to get our ducks in a row.
Q: How are you feeling lately/are you still sick/what have your symptoms been?
A: Ironically, the hardest parts of this pregnancy have not been the pregnancy, just Amber stuff, which may be on steroids because of the pregnancy....like the mental health issues, and my piriformis syndrome (pulled muscle in my hip) which makes it virtually impossible to get anything done that can't be done from a chair. I'm getting more used to it though and the intensity is less, or maybe it's just masked more from all of the upper back and rib aches I now have. It's difficult because of the aches to sit and lie down too long, and yet I still can't stand still without pain or walk too far because of the piriformis syndrome. For more details on that, see the end of the post on my other blog which outlines the symptoms I've had week to week. Other than that, the midwife is having me watch out for gestational diabetes and anemia because I'm borderline for both. I'm not doing very well at this, but ideally I'd be eating more protein, vegetables, fiber, and iron, and not having flour and sugar. I'm also told though that it has nothing to do with diet and that even the healthiest people can have these issues.
Q: What is your plan for birth...epidural, unmedicated, home birth, hospital, induction, etc.?
A: I actually had a birth plan drawn out that I came prepared with during my first appointment with the midwife. I wanted to make sure their practice would be a good fit. Her response was essentially that none of my concerns would be concerns, because that's how University Hospital operated. We saw this in action after taking a class there and being given this list from the group of midwife professors. We're not saying it's the only way or superior to other's experiences, it's just where we'd prefer to start. Let's just say we have lots of reading and preparation to do! It will be scary for me but I think worth the effort.
Q: Are you going to keep tutoring and working for the Church?
A: We're hoping not. Tutoring has kind of died down on its own, especially after not working daily with the homeschooling family. I'm not opposed to doing it in small amounts under the right circumstances, but I'm not seeking students. As for the Temple Department, the President's Secretary from the Salt Lake Temple is moving mid-January to work at the Bountiful Temple, so that relieves any guilt/strain my leaving would cause. My managers (the Recorders) have been very supportive of me leaving to be a stay-at-home mom if that's what I want to do. Technically once this other lady starts, I'll go back to being "on-call" instead of having a permanent position. I will ask to take off until April when they are closed for cleaning this year, and then I will re-evaluate if I could make it work or if we can get by without the financial help.
Thanks again for your interest and support! We'll keep you posted come Valentine's Day!

