Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fun (i.e. Boogie) Daze!


Attached are pictures of my sister Boogie playing soccer tonight. I've gotten to go to several of her adult city league games over the last year. Normally the Mower friends are there as well, which is fun, especially when Mama and Papa Mower come to watch and tend the grandkids or the time I got to tend Bryston myself. Boogie and I alike are missing Michelle for her soccer skills and fun friendship. I envy Roger for getting her back soon. Okay, maybe not! (Three cheers for Roger by the way for his service being deployed with the Army!)
Anyway, the big success of tonight was not only Boogie playing soccer, but that Boogie had a soccer team to play with. Pretty sure yesterday she barely had 4 girls and 4 boys for her team when you need 11 on the field plus subs. Miraculously, people are really willing to sign up for a soccer team, even if they don't know hardly anything of the sport, and 12 people were there! Imagine that, even a sub. I'm so proud of her! Way to go Boogie, slaving away for the team. :) They all wear Weber State University shirts so they have a matching color and that's pretty funny. I think they're the "one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eaters!"
Really, the best thing all week has been living here with Boogie for a bit while I'm jobless. She goes to teacher classes/meetings and runs sports camps while I hunt for jobs and plan my life during the day. Then we go running, or hang out with the single friends, or my favorite, watch a movie or show while she sorts the mail and I sort all my paper junk! Doesn't it sound exciting? It really is the life (save a lack of funding. :)) Thanks, Boogie, I love you!
--Schmaugurt
Click here for more pics of Boogie and the Purple Eaters!