Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day to All, as well!

I had so many little b.t.a.ds of not much consequence today, that they all added up to make a whole lot of difference, as I'm sure you've experienced. So, I thought I would write them all out so I remember them all!

1) My oldest brother bear is an old fogey, turning 30 today! Way to go, Bud dog!

2) My nephew is a genius. When my brother listed off at least 7 cakes my sister-in-law made for his party tonight, one was lemon chiffon or something or other, to which I said, "Can you ship me some of that!?" To which my brother then responded that at 3:30 this morning, Isaac the two-year old slipped out of bed, got a stool to climb onto the counter where said cake was cooling and started eating it until Bud heard him! That sneaky little kid! As P-ditty would say, he knew right where the good stuff was. Told you he's a genius.

3) At dinner we had Chinese take-out and my mom's fortune cookie said something like "You will experience new horizons suddenly in your near future". Mom, who has a bad case of shingles, said, "Oh goodie, maybe this means I'll get to go outside soon!" It was cute. After hearing Boogie and Dad's sayings which both talked about the joy they're bringing/will bring to the world, Mom opens mine to read, "Look for a lost penny on the ground to bring you good luck." Wow, that bad, huh? Comforting. :) If you see me squatting over sidewalk cracks, you'll understand I hope. :)

4) Driving home from Layton is always therapeutic for me, especially because although I feel like I have lots to do in Provo, I never like leaving Layton. For tonight's drive, I pulled out a cd of favorite songs that remind me of high school days, since nothing else has been suiting my fancy by way of music lately. It was amazing and I wish I had pulled this out sooner! It made me feel so good about life, especially this song that reminded me of a jam or two with Corrine and Michelle, even in Junior High days:

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can,
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.

It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright.

Hey, you know they're all the same.
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.
Live right now.
Just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright)!"
--Jimmy Eat World "The Middle"

5) On said drive and said song, and also with Josh Groban, I turned up the music to what I call inappropriate noise level and belted at the top of my lungs. Haven't done that for a while, and when I do, I'm always smiling thinking of Megan Tate (Wyman)'s stories of doing the same thing while going 80....(ahh...sigh)...

And then I look down at my speed. Oops!

Good night moon,
Love, Amber :)

P.S. New rule: all of you should start watching the Australian open. And when you do, you should text me what's going on!