Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas to All and to all a Best night!

In my last post I decided to spice up my ramblings with a picture, to illustrate the importance of the 2nd coming in conjunction with the Savior's birth. That was at 1am on December 16th. At around 1am on December 17th, the Provo tabernacle began to burn. It was such a sad event not only for us Provo residents, but for those who understand it's historical value, and more importantly it's heritage--the source of its true beauty. One of the only "best things" in an otherwise depressing situation was the Christmas miracle story centered around the very picture mentioned previously. Many of you already know the story and I apologize for the redundancy; I'm even more glad, however, that I posted it when I did and that it stands as a remembrance to me of Christ remaining in the details of our lives, and coming again one day to save us all from a world otherwise lost to literal and figurative burns. If you don't know the story, you can watch it/read about it here. I know that the one and only literal Son of God is Jesus Christ and that He came and will come back. Christmas seems a lot more special with that assurance. That knowledge, that has taken me 2 months to more fully embrace is my best thing all day.

My favorite Christmas song is the one I've been waiting to post for this actual Christmas day. I dedicate it to Meegs and Cami, with whom I first learned it in choir 7 Christmases ago. Then, like now, some people whined that it's not really a Christmas song because it doesn't directly mention the birth. They thought my choir teacher was making up that claim just so we could sing about Christ. It's on a Christmas c.d. I have from a famous flautist, if anyone wants proof. My proof is that the birth doesn't really matter, if the rest of Jesus' story wasn't fulfilled.

"Jesus Christ the Apple Tree"

The tree of life my soul hath seen Laden with fruit and always green
The trees of nature fruitless be Compared with Christ the apple tree

His beauty doth all things excel
By faith I know but ne'er can tell The glory which I now can see
In Jesus Christ the apple tree.

For happiness I long have sought And pleasure dearly I have bought
I missed of all but now I see 'Tis found in Christ the apple tree.

I'm weary with my former toil
Here I will sit and rest a while
Under the shadow I will be Of Jesus Christ the apple tree.

This fruit doth make my soul to thrive
It keeps my dying faith alive
Which makes my soul in haste to be With Jesus Christ the apple tree.