First, Isaac has been home from his mission for 14 years now! Crazy. We are having a memorial service for his mission shoes, having served him well for 16 years, not counting the last year where rain and snow started seeping through that hole you can see on the bottom. (If I have anything to say about it, we'll also bid farewell to his mission suits and ties.) ;)
For Christmas, I gave him these to wear instead. I'm pretty positive that not lacing up falling-apart strings each morning has shaved 7 minutes off his getting-ready time, and he hasn't missed the bus since. I likewise am throwing my beloved "Tom-Tom" shoes away, and got a replacement pair of black shoes myself. And then there is my phone. I think I used it 18 months or so after it fell into the road and got hit by a car. I've gotten everything from subtle reminders that "it's maybe seen better days" to being made fun of by Gregums for even having such a phone from the 90s (2013, thank you), and Cami telling me she'd pay for a new one if I would just stop using the broken one. Thank you, one and all, for your support.
And thanks to Isaac's sister Becca, and husband Jon, who showed us a way to actually afford the data plan of a new smart phone (the reason I'd been holding out). Here you have it.
In other news, Isaac and I went with his department at the Church to view the new temple in the old Provo Tabernacle. Isaac spent much of the time counting occupancy, considering trafficking through the rooms, and trying to picture layout. I enjoyed seeing the history of my old tabernacle restored so beautifully into something even more useful than our stake conferences and BYU Choir concerts.
And finally, we had surgery in January that, for being so simple and out-patient, surely overthrew any plans we've had the last 3 weeks to pull our lives together. Our apartment is a disaster, I rarely have Emily's "will to live", and so far we've yet to see improvements in our breathing and sinuses from the work the ENT did on us in our his/hers double operation. But we are grateful we could do it when we did and that minus some sinus pain, we are mostly back to normal today. All went well, and I go back to the doctor Tuesday for my second follow-up procedure on my turbinates which should wrap things up for good...until allergy season when we measure success! Happy February, everyone!



