Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 2: Saturday August 2


The best thing I heard all day was Brent referring to my "darker complexion"! Ha! I guess for us "white" folks, I'm on the tanner side of my game! (It's all relative. :)) I explained that although my freckles regularly make more friends by even walking to campus and back, that everything else unseen by the sun is still pasty as ever. :)

The best thing I did all day was definitely going to South Carolina to the temple, capitol (see this picture of one memorial), and amusement park. I had a great picnic on the capitol lawn, straddled the border of the Carolinas on an awesome roller coaster (Top Gun style, shoes off, feet dangling), and got my first lessons from Brent in how the Southerns really speak. Adding "Bless their heart" whenever you're talking badly about someone so it seems more polite was my favorite phrase.
http://picasaweb.google.com/augschmaug/Day2SouthCarolina/photo#s5231037431962810786