The best thing I heard all day was a comment from Michelle: "Cause you don't have friends, unless you do." You had to be there--it was a good conversation--really.
The best thing I saw all day was a tour of one of Edgar Allen Poe's houses. I thought it was interesting that he had a house down in Carolina too, but with the "ghost tower" next door, and the graveyard down the street, I was only excited for the creepiness that lay ahead. Turns out, this guy was named for E.A. Poe eight years after the original died, and has absolutely no relation. But, the tour was still great of a Victorian plantation, the "ghost tower" being a metal frame left over from a guard tower of Civil War ammunition. We scratched the museum and graveyard after that and instead went to an Airborne/Special Forces Army museum that takes you through all the wars in history and has models of a glider, helicopter, etc. It was fun to have Michelle with me who has picked up on quite the army knowledge, and also understand some of the things Roger does as a parachuter/ranger. Other than that, we ate lunch at the Fayetteville train depot and after making dinner, I promptly zonked out for hours: Someday, I will get used to this time change! And, apparently rafting has made me soar (I mean, sore, but that too :)). Preston, why haven't you been making me paddle like real rowers do with their legs and back instead of arms?! It's so much better, and necessary for class rapids above the .5s of the Provo River. :)