The best thing that happened to me all day was taking a nap on a comfy couch at church! Lest you think me sinful, Brent had early meetings so I was getting up at 4:30 Utah time, and conveniently, the institute rec room is right below the chapel!
The best thing I saw all day was two disruptions in sacrament meeting: During testimonies, Brent and I both shifted positions at the same time and the bench leg promptly cracked and broke out from its foundation. Oops! It sounded like we dropped a pile of textbooks and we got some interesting looks. Then, just after the closing prayer, a big wasp, unseen by the congregation, landed on the back of one of the guys up front. The guy next to him (without warning) slapped him super hard, enough for the back row to hear. Fortunately, he did get the wasp and it fell to the aisle beside me and flailed to its death. mwah mwah mwah.
The best thing I heard all day was during the next hour in Gospel Principles class. At first I was scared/laughing inside at the sister missionary who keep eying me and thought she must think I was an investigator. I later learned when she approached me in Relief Society, that she actually just liked my skirt (way to go Deenza!). Anyway, back to Sunday School, I did fit the investigator part, being a visitor and only having my paper travel Book of Mormon with me. When the teacher asked us to turn to a scripture in Abraham, he haded me his scriptures and said "Here, Brent can help you find the book of Abraham." The split second before Brent caught on, a bizarre look came over his face, he started to question the teacher, then stopped and inferred to me that I could find it myself!
http://picasaweb.google.com/augschmaug/Day3Charlotte/photo#s5231040461464759858