1) the number one best thing was finding my water bottle in my blanket covers. Dead serious. I had the most ridiculous afternoon, and finding my face-in-the-pillow-position again wasn't enough to get rid of my anguish. :) (That's sounds like I was crying, but I wasn't. It's really just the only position I'm supposed to be in save walking/stretching. See previous post). Finding that water bottle...heck yes, the best thing all day! I'm addicted, as in at least ten bottles daily. I wish I could say I'm being healthy. Really, all the meds just make me feel like I'm in the hospital and coming out of anesthesia (dry mouth). Ice please, mom! :)
P.S. My dad called me tonight "just to say hi." I flipped out. I thought something was wrong and it scared me. Still getting used to senior missionaries calling out of turn. :) Cool.
2) It was Master Kyle's birthday. I got him baby presents. I'm weird. So is he, it worked! :) Emily had delicious cake and they let me yak to them for a while. Stop doing that. :D (Thanks.)
3) I decided that it was Cherie who got the best gift (on Kyle's birthday, yes). Rumor has it that B-Money was seen with his walkman outside her residence on 2nd East. Bling, bling! Rumor meaning... practice walks in the Provo neighborhood are more exciting than up and down Sky View Drive 6 times. :D
4) Even so, I was mad about being in Provo today. I admit it. Came down for a morning class and doctor and was ready to go home when P-ditty tells me I need to stick around to take Andrew to the airport tomorrow. The good news was, I could take my pain killers since I wouldn't be driving back! Oops, did I just say driving? Oh, that couldn't be right. I'm not allowed to sit (let alone drive on this medicine). (Yes, I do get out of the car every 15 minutes as directed and WALK, of course. :D) The better news was...it's past midnight and I still haven't needed those pain killers! :D
5) I like to blame incompetence on the aforementioned medications. Realizing even this particular post is evidence of my "normal weirdness" makes me laugh. I even had dizziness and the dry-throat-I'm-loopy-kind-of-thing going on tonight and stumped myself silly. Apparently that's just who I am...Ultramber! (Uh, like Amber, on steroids. Literally. Okay, that was lame. The med is called Ultram :) and boy, is it ultra!)
6) A friend/teacher of mine, Christine, totally inspired me today. Just because she does everything. I have no desire to do everything like she does, and neither does she, actually. I just came to appreciate all that she has to go through because of what's required of her, and that was refreshing.
7) Amy (my VP roommate) is my new sounding board. We've always had good chats, but tonight was classic. I have a new outlook on friendships and how I'm going to let them affect me. Thanks also to old friends calling to say hi (Marina and Clark) and Linda.
8) I haven't read hardly anyone's blog since the original accident in January (I think the disk was injury #9 since then, just for the record). Fact: injuries 2-9 were not from skiing nor anything remotely dangerous. I like to label it, "having a grandma body." You might call it "atrophy." Whatevs. This is beside the point. Please forgive my absence from your blogging worlds. #8 thanks Emmaline for reminding me that I'm a bad friend (she didn't say that) and need to read people's blogs from time to time. Why that means I have to twit around here about myself first, I don't know. Do forgive. But it's good to be back!
9) Good to be back and see...Megan and Greg's latest post. Totally made my night, especially 'cause of all people, I've abandoned them without cause. "Wimbledon and Michael Jackson"? See, this is what I've been missing. Here's to all of you and the wonderful friends/family you are and all the fun (sass, if I venture a guess on the Wyman's post) you've been up to. Keep it up. You make life worth living. Kinda like that water bottle....
10) oh, I said 10 happy thoughts. Fact: I have a strange obsession with making grouches into my friends. Latest case is the manager of my new apartment in Provo. By the end of our agreements he was much more pleasurable. Still work to be done, though. My cheeriness was for certain only a result of the nice neighbor next door (explored a new part of Orem) who diagnosed "a 'rock' that someone put in your Mustang's hub cab." Don't ask.