Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Laundry List...

Lots of little happy/funny things yesterday and today! In order of appearance:
1) Janae and I met on campus for lunch although both of us could have just as easily eaten at home for free. We had such a good chat and Janae made me giggle with silliness with her funny phone calls to Booggie and P-Ditty, etc. We stayed in the Cougareat forever, and you'd think that we never saw each other. To the contrary, I'm home a lot during the day (having night classes and the tail bone thing) but there's just something about sitting down together to do nothing else that makes the friendship that much cooler. :)
2) Daisuke, my friend from New York that I know through Aesop Mondell, arrived in Utah! He came to ski, alas, on a weekend where my body is still out of commission. I was sad to not join him, but was happy that he got his first experience with Utah snow, Park City, and the Draper temple open house. He loved them all! It was fun for me to hang out with he, Aaron, and Elena and catch up on Columbia (his school), the plasma-making machine (his PhD project), hemorrhoids (which Aaron's roommate wondered if I had with the doughnut pillow) and the like. :) Daisuke rocks.
3) Baby pictures came from Margo of little Isaac that they took while on her vacation to Minnesota. So cute! I'll post them as soon as I know how to copy them from the photo people into a not-sideways format. Some of them are so like she and Bud, and other family, but we'll get to that later.
4) Speaking of babies, news from Jenzo that she is pregnant again with another one of my un-nieces! This will take the count to four, and five including the un-nephew I'm about to have when Deena's baby is born soon!
5) I thought the Colorado court was on me again as my deadline with them soon approaches. Instead, the investigator who called me was actually setting up an in-person interview about Air Force top secret security clearance for our good buddy Uncle G-regory Wyman. I got scared that I didn't remember which years we lived in the Glenwood together and whether or not we had any criminal activity there. :) (Probably a good thing that I honestly can't recollect a thing we would have done wrong there! ;)) So, I have until next Tuesday to think up something good to say (or not say)--seeing as I don't know what she'll want to know that can't be answered over the phone in a 30 second conversation. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that Emmaline and Logan are doing this same thing. "Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!"