Monday, November 10, 2008

I have a baby!

The best thing I heard all day was a phone call from Brother Bud this morning saying he and Margotsi were going to the hospital. I later found out that they neither rode the train nor took a cab, but walked. Margo wanted some exercise; go Margo! (Mom worried she'd have her baby in Central Park). Although not on Armistice Day :(, Baby Blair came a day early! The anticipation has been killing me all week, to the point that I "twittered" about it. It's a new life being an aunt--really. It's weird, but I feel like I need to grow and act my age now. :P Whatever happens, this dude's gonna LUV how fun his Auntie Amber is. :)

The best thing I saw all day was the movie of Bud (at a baby shower! Nov. 4th) getting excited about a stuffed elephant. (Did the baby get a donkey, too, Margo?!) His sneaky grin and GOP sassafras is so him (and me).

The best thing I read all day was 3rd Nephi 22: 7: "For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee." This pretty much summed up what I was floundering to say to a room full of girls on Sunday. I felt like one specific lady in the room needed to hear my account of some medical events my roommate and I experienced a few weeks ago. I hadn't told anyone in Provo the full account (more on that later) and it was hard to get out, both in speech and emotion. The point I was trying to make is that Heavenly Father is consistently merciful yesterday, today and forever (Moroni 10:19). Experiencing a so-called "low point" or "trial" is really a blessing that allows us to feel an increase of mercy (D&C 121:43) after we struggle for a short time. The same principle applies today with Margo and the struggle she and any woman can have to get pregnant, be pregnant, and have a baby. Once that baby is born, though, what else really matters if that pain brought a joy exponentially sweeter? In the end, we were blessed all along and it was worth it!