Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's not easy being green

The best thing I did all day is listen to goood stuff. I wanted to hear some books/talks on tape/cd but the electronics weren’t quite working. So I played Christmas music on my computer while I cleaned. “Children Go Where I Send Thee” is still a favorite and we’re totally singing it at Christmas hour! Brandon also had some crazy random bands going on our way home, and a little car dancing accompanied with funny stories were oh so fun. He even turned on the heated seat on my side, which made for an all around classy trip in his dad’s car.

The best thing I realized all day is kind of random. I think I was dreaming about it, which is weird. My mom has taught me to look to the Priesthood pattern of the Church for best practices in organization and government. Has anyone ever realized that the public school system follows this to a degree? Classrooms are like families—the basic unit for learning; the “team” or grade is like the support from a ward family; the school is like a stake, the district a region, which leaves the General Authorities to resemble the State Office of Education? Hmmm, Daddy might get a kick out of that. This hierarchy happens in a lot of other forms too, such as business. I’ve never thought about it, though, have you? It makes sense, but I’m going to have to analyze why it is the way it is. ☺

The best thing I heard (read) all day was a spotlight story from Brother Johnson, a high councilman in my stake. He said, “I believe in saving our planet and when folks ask me what I'm personally doing to be green, I proudly tell them I've walked to work for the last ten years to save fuel and reduce my carbon footprint. However, I generally fail to inform them that I work in my home and my walking commute is only two minutes from the upstairs bedroom to my down stairs office.” Way to go Brother Johnson, I support your cause!