is lots of fun. :) Every Saturday night I plot out "the trek", aka my schedule for the different Relief Societies I visit each week and their various meetings. It's gotten much more simplified with ward conferences these days because we actually stay to all three meetings consecutively in one ward (shocking!).
My roommates ask me "Are you coming to church today?" In my mind I sometimes think,
"Yes, eight hours of it actually," but I say, "No, I wish, sorry!" Or, "Yah, to the last half of sacrament meeting," or my favorite, "Uhh... Yes, to Relief Society! But not yours, the other one [in our ward]!" Lest you think I'm complaining, it really is a privilege to see SUCH amazing people each week and the fabulous ways they are making Relief Society meaningful even in a crazy college ward.
Then, as the afternoon rolls on, I gradually meet up with all "the posse", aka Stake Relief Society Presidency, who I realized many of you hear me speak about, but don't have the slightest idea who they really are. We have President Dahle, who I like to say, with her breathe mints, "checks that we're still breathing." Sister Wilkey is the "sour" one, whose tart treats compete with the minty breathe fresheners. Then there is the "younger gang" which includes the brains of the group (Sisters Tanner and Walker), and finally me, the secretary, or self-proclaimed visiting teaching Nazi.
Our favorite pastimes seem to include talking pedicures, singing along with the Priesthood meeting next door, and succumbing to lounging in Trisha's den for extended meetings, eh hem, potlucks. :) Sounds lazy Dad might say, but don't worry, we know our heels deserve to come off when we've walked the circuit from apartment to chapel, chapel up the hill to campus, campus back to chapel, etc. at least 3 times. And of course we have real discussions, deeply study the scriptures and Purple Bible (Relief Society handbook), and laugh ourselves silly.
Then there's always extended-extended hours in the clerk's office, fiddling with excel spreadsheets and more importantly, stalking the 3 Nephites throughout various ward directories. The work leaves just enough time to go to dinner or sing at the old folks home and make it back in time for the last part of ward prayer. That way the Bishop doesn't think I'm completely inactive (except for the time he caught me early at the clerk's office and counseled with the stake presidency member as how to handle a girl who hasn't been to church in two months. :)) Or there's always tonight, where by the time I find a place to park, I've gracefully missed the spotlight that's on, you've guessed it--myself (and the roommies :)). Oops.
Oh well, just another time that the ward members say, "Who's that weird Amber girl (who always leaves notes on her apt. white board one added) and why is she never around?" Hear that old roommies, I'M A MYSTERY! :) And I still do the white board. :)
All in all, you can never say that Sunday gets boring, because to the contrary, it's the most eventful day in my week. After all, it's the day of un-rest.