Warning: this post is boring and sappy. Having said that, it's total truth. The best thing all day was the blessing of people. Talk about how I love people. I knew I loved them, and then my roommates all left for Human Rights Day weekend and I really loved people. Then I laid around for 17 days on my stomach and really really loved people (especially those accepting of pink doughnut pillows, grandma walkers, and until-3-or-4-a.m.-insomniacs).
Well, today I probably saw more friends than I've seen in those 17 days combined, and my love for people was truly complete.
Enter Booggie, who finally came down from Lay-town to visit!
Enter Kyle and Emily, my favorite Macey's buddies.
Enter the other Johannesburgs for Deenza's shower: Bianca, Megan (Macy), Emily, Cherie, Petsie, Monique, Booggie, Linda, Deenza (and soon Cooper!). Does life get any better than eating good food and pampering yourself at a shower with these ho-bees? I usually hate being girly, and would rather be a man, until today. :)
Enter a stake party. Don't tell my own stake leaders, but I run away from social events like this whenever possible. But my new friend and future roommate James (Jamie) was helping out at her stake party, so we gave it a try. Voila...reunion of the 'hood! All my old chums are in the neighboring stake, I discovered! Not to mention that it is also the Lopez brothers' stake (enter Andyco and Cathrine). I also got to chat with Christina Roach and Amy from 119, Christina Jemison, and Glenn! Do you hear me? Glenn. I heard the story of his life and all my questions/concerns are solved. He's not so much a mystery after all, and we are now friends again. So c'mon back to church with me on Sunday, Brandon and Padre, cause we've got an old friend who wants visitors. :)
Isn't it just fun to run into people you know? I even made friends with Tora, Petsie's roommate at 6 am the following morning to keep myself from crying at Federer's loss. Someday I'll go to Melbourne Park for the Open and meet he, Sampras, Martina, and our dear Andre. And then, my circle of friends will be extra extra complete. :)