aka, my weekend--some of the highest highs and lowest lows of pain and excitement I've seen since the skiing accident. I'd like to contribute those to my friend, the pain killer Lortab. I even branched slightly away from my second-grader songs/poems on the voicemail to create a silly song of my own for him (think Shirley Temple):
On the good ship, Lortab
It's a sweet trip from pharmacy land
For a girl who skied--
Hey, at least I missed the tree!
But sadly, friends can betray, and Mr. Lortab has. I'm much happier today having pushed him away than I was under his sleep-captivating care. Although in consistent pain again, I've just been treated so well by friends on earth and friends above and I'm blown away by the small miracles that keep occurring daily--and family/life changes, for that matter. The details are too crazy, inconclusive, and some embarrassing to blog, but life is good.
Highlights of the weekend where I overexerted myself include
-Hitting a new sitting record at the LDS film festival (the girl between me and the aisle fell asleep and I couldn't get out). I laughed so much at the silly scout camp movie that my tail bone went to town.
-Reliving pain from my last fracture through song and dance of Thoroughly Modern Millie with Skoticus, Logan, and Sara. Getting in/out of the Titan was also a "kick in the rear."
- Seeing my friend Alan again, and creating a Photoshop masterpiece/disaster with him.
-Walking unassisted to Skoticus' house without being too loopy because six blocks of walking was better than being picked up in the Titan again. :) We had delicious "Corean" food, played our classic games, and watched the only t.v. show I can remember liking in a long time: Pushing Daisies.
-Having Chris and Brandon come to Provo for the night and stay over to go to church with me in the morning followed by brunch at Sara's. We booked it to church in the rain, so much that the hill and Mr. Lortab again wore me out and church was torture. So, at least I had these two to push my pillow and chair around and help give me a blessing after the last "Amen" was said and I all but collapsed into the piano player.
Stories of the good life continue, as do I, painting the town red, when I should be in bed. :D