I just noticed I titled a post last week, "Soreness is nothin' now."
"X" that, I didn't know what I was talking about. :)
Now that I have fractured my tailbone, there are a LOT of things I have discovered that you use your tailbone for--okay, like everything. :) The best thing today is that tailbones are awesome and that I am not an invalid. (Translation: I am SO bored.) I guess I technically am an invalid, but not entirely, as I actually walked and (heaven forbid) drove to school earlier. I just can't seem to pull myself up now. I didn't even think it was possible to sit and type on my computer after yesterday, but look at me, now I'm here, and the only thing worse will be trying to stand again when...well, whenever I can stand.
Back to invalids, Emily said I could come to Stonehenge and be her patient, and I would love to, but I just can't imagine how bored those people must be, living their lives day in and day out in a room. I am extremely happy that I am laughing (although that hurts more) and enjoying the time I've spent tonight contemplating the best way to move, the best way to attend church, and ideas for a life of lying on my stomach, where even reading and watching movies is difficult.
The only better part of this adventure has been the extreme blessing and generosity of my roommates (who arrive home just in time according to my prayers and online pleas), and Preston and Melissa physically escorting me to the symphony so I didn't have to miss The Four Seasons. Wow, that was good. Not as good as the usher telling me that it was alright to move from the end of the row to my seat in the middle and me just smiling and saying "Thanks!", not willing to get up once I had gotten down. The same usher came back after the performance when the auditorium was empty (other than myself, who was still sitting there.) Last one in, last one out; I knew he was excited to see me. :) He told me I needed to leave, and I said, "Okay, thanks!" again. When he obviously was puzzled at my short and chipper reply, I explained that my brother would soon be returning to lift me out of my seat; I'd put forth some painful effort, but did not have the strength to pull myself up and put the resulting pressure on the tailbone. I watched as the concert master returned to play "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" for a little boy, then sure enough, Preston showed up just in time to pick me up out of my chair. That's what big brothers are for, right? (I promise, I'm not milking this for all it is worth. Awkward assumptions from people like G-reg concerning the use of this doughnut pillow of mine are not worth the attention. :)) For the last time, no, I have not given birth to a child this weekend. I'm too busy thinking about how to reach my pain killer across the room to worry about such things. :)