The best thing all day was just getting off the phone with Daddio. It's so funny to see where people get things from in the gene pool. For example, we joke about Preston saying that he was a [you fill in the blank of anything from chemistry to piano performance] major, and therefore expert on anything under the sun. Well, I tell Daddy he needs to brush up on his psychology, and his response is that he knows more about psychology from his practical experience and minor in that area (never knew that one) than the psychology professors of graduate students at the university. (Of course he was kidding).
Then I tell him that I think the latest picture of Isaac looks just like him with hints of Preston and Clifford. To this he replies, "Uh oh, poor kid" followed by a laugh and "Nah, people ask me where Preston gets his height and I say, I saved up all of mine to give to him! It's the same way with looks, dear, I hold out on those genes so that my kids get them instead!" I'm not doing this conversation justice at all, you just have to picture Dad and how he'd say this.
The best part, though, was honestly gettting a little family history lesson. I know now why according to him, the church and anyone else has discussion groups in circles rather than rows :), or at least why he still promotes it in our ward now. It all stems back to him being on his mission and even leads to why he changed from a business major (never knew that one, either) to elementary education. And I'm still baffled that it took me about 20 years to put that together--and realize it's the same as mine. He even picked elementary for the same reason I did. I love education, and I love my Popsicle.