What a good day. It's rare that I ever give a final "best things" title before dinner, but today Busterford has won it hands down. I think I had a happy heart attack when Preston told me that my Mustang friend has a battery now. I've been missing him so much and wanting to drive him. Thanks to Daddio for spoiling me and buying a "bat'ry." :) I don't know when that happened, but I do know that I was meant to find out about it today. After it was stolen by the man who rents the farmhouse, I was very mad and have found it hard to forgive him for something as silly as a car battery and everything else he put my parents and the neighbors through. Then on Sunday, Bishop Metcalf from the 164th ward told a story (which details I've forgotten) about his dad's money being stolen out of pocket by a man he was helping. The Bishop, like me, was angry with this man and his needy family. His dad's response, however, was that he wished he would have gone to the bank that day--not because he needed more money for them after the incident, but so they, who needed it more, would have had more to steal. I was blown away and realized what a jerk I was about being angry with this guy over a stupid car battery. He has so many problems it's not even funny, and I couldn't believe that I had been so selfish as to complain, when I have a car and a lot of other things also, including a good family. Seeing as after I got over it, I got the phone call about Preston being able to drive my car, I'd say that it pays to forgive. :)
Other runners up for the day include seeing Utah Valley and Deer Creek reservoir from the top of Sundance resort. Mt. Nebo was the focal point and it was magnificent to see many out-of-staters, international friends, and even a local woman who skis here specifically for this view, oo and ah over my beloved Utah. In so many words, they were all saying it was the "best thing they'd seen all day." :)
And last but not least, I just love being around Janae. She comes with me to Pearl of Great Price and even illegally brought her big pretzels for us to snack on. (I threatened our friendship if she didn't share.) She was on one of her Taco Bell kicks so we went there for dinner after class. Before I could even process her "But this is ground beef and will hurt you" comment, she already said what she knew would be my response: "It's okay, I'll just get chicken, instead!" She knows me well and we have fun making each other's owies feel better. :)