Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting shorter? Maybe just more "stiff."

It's true, I've turned the blog into a journal recently, and it doesn't bother me a bit that it drives people away from reading my long posts. :) I do apologize though, for those friends who do read (and I don't know why)--that you get the un-edited, long edition fresh off the press. If it's any consolation, it is shorter than having me ramble the stories off in person, right? Right. So be thankful you read vs. listen! On that note, this post is dedicated to the souls of short attention span (aka the normal reader who can't make sense of my writing) in hopes that even shorter posts will follow.

Best things:
a) I don't ever get the mail. I don't care. Well, today I cared. The mail got taken (again) to the post office on account of a full mailbox and the resulting presents were sweet. Thank you to the missionaries, Moshae for her beautiful picture and announcement, the symphony for the next tickets to The King's Singers, Allison for the flashlight, ha ha, and most especially Margotsi for that kind note and recipes! I love it and I love you all. Your letters and emails and phone calls when my bum and I have nothing to do are much appreciated.

b) 2nd graders. I liked the other teacher's class today more than my own last week. So good to stand all day and actually enjoy it this time and enjoy the fresh new kids, challenges, and ideas. I was most thrilled to hear that they don't know the meaning of "gay." Student 1 said "He called me gay!" Student 2: "What does that mean?" Student 3: "That you're dumb and kind of mean." Student 4: "No, more like you think you're cool, and your not." Students 5, 6, and 7: "Yah, like that!" I thought it was a good enough conclusion, and when Student 8 later asked me if it wasn't just a "guy marrying a guy" I ignored him.

c) Janae and I "two-stepping" it to my room. On accident, that was, as she carried me to my bed for a change in position. How painfully fun! :)